Students who are interested in participating any of the Teacher Training Courses should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding program. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student’s primary support network. We emphasize that this program may not be for everyone.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age to participate in any YOGA ALLIANCE® course, workshop or examination.
- Students must submit an online application to register
- Your submitted application will be processed and reviewed
- You will be notified of approval by email within 3-5 working days
- Once approved, you will be sent a confirmation email with deposit/payment details to fully guarantee your space and a welcome letter with further program details.
Video or Audio Recording
Audio or video recordings of courses being taught is strictly prohibited. If there are exceptional circumstances that make this necessary, the student must apply for and receive express written permission from Abbysan Yoga & Wellness Center and sign a contract restricting its use. This policy is to help us avoid any infringement on our intellectual property.
Absenteeism & Make-up Hours
During any courses, If the student misses more than five hours they must make up the same amount of hours missed (1:1 ratio). If a student misses less than five hours of a course, they need to make up half the time in private review at their cost (2:1 ratio of hours missed to hours made up).
Any make-up hours for Anatomy courses, ISP courses and Advanced courses are done on a 1:1 ratio due to the density of the course material and the expectation that it will take the same amount of time to teach one student as to teach a group.
Students have six months to make up any hours missed. If they exceed this timeline, the course is forfeited and the entire course must be retaken in order to examine and certify.
Make up fee is THB1000 per hour. Please consult your faculty who will advise you.
Registration Of Certificate
Upon successful completion of the exam, students are considered certified yoga instructors from their exam date, however all the certified instructors are required to register online with Yoga Alliance® to obtain their registration ID and designation as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®s)
All the Students are provided with complete course manual exclusively for their use during the course. We believe this guarantees that all students will have access to the study materials as needed during the course.
Contact Hours Requirements
Contact Hours: A contact hour is an in-person classroom hour in the physical presence of a faculty member. Contact hours in each category must be in a dedicated teacher training environment (into which others might occasionally be invited) rather than in classes intended for the general public. Of the required contact hours, a number are specified in the five educational categories. Remaining hours must be distributed among the five educational categories and can be taught by any faculty member.
Non-Contact Hours: All outside resources should be thoughtfully chosen to support the training and be relevant to Yoga and/or anatomy and physiology. Non-contact hours must be an assigned part of the curriculum and may include:
- Reading, Audio/Video, Internet that incorporate an assessment including reports, class discussions, presentations or tests
- Webinars on Yoga-related topics
- Written Assignments on Yoga-related topics; may be counted for all categories except Practicum
- Group Activities including directed discussion, techniques practice or teaching practice
- Evaluation of Yoga Classes outside of the program; each class must be evaluated via a written or oral exercise and may count for up to two hours of credit towards Techniques, Teaching Methodology or Practicum categories.
ABBYSAN YOGA & YOGA ALLIANCE takes dishonest and unethical behavior very seriously. The following consequences will apply if a student is found to have cheated on any exam:
- A mark of zero will be recorded for that exam.
- The student will be unable to re-take that exam for a minimum of six months. The re-take and any future exams must be completed at Abbysan Yoga & Wellness Center and may not be proctored. The student will be required to pay for a Course Director to be present during the written exam. ABBYSAN YOGA & WELLNESS CENTER will not be held responsible for any adverse affect this policy may have.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Additional 5% discount for existing members and graduates from Abbysan yoga & wellness Center on YTTC only
- All registrations must be made online
- Once your application is submitted, you will be notified by email within 3-5 days of its approval along with a Welcome Letter outlining payment procedures and further details.
- All programs require a minimum of 6 students.
- Full payment is due within 7 days of approval of your application.
- Only full payment will guarantee your space in the program.
- Free accommodation is included for courses enrolled with regular fees.
Payment Methods/Instalment Plan
We accept payments through Credit Cards (Visa and Master), Cash, cheques, via bank transfer and online.
Online: Online payments are available through Paypal.
Credit Card: 6-month instalment available with 0% interest on K bank Credit Cards only, other credit card will incur 3% processing fee.
Cash: Make the payment in person at our studio.
Further details will be sent to you upon acceptance into the program.
· No refunds for cancellation before 21 days of course starting date.
· Valid refunds are subject to USD200 processing fee that will be deducted from refund
Contact & Enquiries
For enquiries or more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com